Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

2.4.12

Collage: Freedom from College






Collage has come to my rescue once again. I find that it has repeatedly helped my deal with creative slumps. It is perfect, because it requires neither strict use of skills nor high concept. It simply allows the creator to get ideas on a page quickly. Now, of course, mindless collages that are merely excersizes in composition may not be the most interesting, but the freeing nature of the work can result in something far greater than originally intended. Additionally, I've found that they can help break the feedback loop that entraps me. At times I feel like I am not creating enough, or enough good work. That leads me to self doubt, which only causes me to cease creating and dwell on my past mistakes, rather than moving forward. Collages offer a stress free mode of work where I can be free of the notion that every mark I make must exude my brilliance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

blog archive

followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Dress Me Mag
Follow dressmemag on Twitter Follow dressmemag on Tumblr

Back to TOP